I have severe anxiety and for the past few days, I have completely loss my appetite, no desire to eat period. Is this my anxiety causing it?

Dr. Michael Rothman

In brief: Adrenaline

When you are anxious your adrenal glands will secrete extra amounts of adrenaline which is part of your sympathetic nervous system (sns), sns stimulation decreases appetite, decreases salivation, decreases overall GI function.
So the answer is yes. If this problem is continuous or severe see your doctor.

In brief: Adrenaline

Dr. Michael Rothman
Dr. Michael Rothman
Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON

In brief: There is help

You should see your doctor and have an evaluation.
To make sure there is no medical condition such as thyroid disorder or other hormonal imbalance. Also a psychologist can help with cognitive behavior therapy.

In brief: There is help

Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON
Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON
Dr. Joseph Weiner

Anxiety can definitely cause loss in appetite.
If your anxiety is so bad that it's affecting your ability to function, you might consider getting a consultation from your physician or a mental health professional. Hope this answer helps.

Dr. Joseph Weiner
Dr. Joseph Weiner
Dr. Jane Van Dis