I currently take 45mg buspar, (buspirone) doc wants me to switch to 22.5mg Buspar (buspirone) and 2.5 mg lexapro. Is that a good start, I am hypersensitive to meds and scared.?

Dr. David Hunter

In brief: Good start

It sounds like you are being treated for an anxiety disorder.
Both drugs are approved for this diagnosis. Since you have demonstrated some sensitivity to medications your physician is being cautious and starting at low doses. Be sure to give your health care provider feedback on how you are doing so that the doses can be adjusted upward or downward if needed.

In brief: Good start

2 comments
Dr. Reid Blackwelder
Open communication between you and your physician is critical. You should also share your anxiety about the changes with your doc
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
great answers

In brief: Good plan

This sounds like a good start to what your doctor probably has planned.
Because you are very sensitive to med changes, it is a good idea to go slowly with your transition.

In brief: Good plan

Dr. Eric Weisman