What is most toxic for liver?Can a problem with large itestine cause liver problems too?

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics
In brief: Liver toxic
Most medications ( eg.
Tylenol, (acetaminophen) cholesterol pills) are metabolized by the liver and most toxic ingested material too. Alcoholic bevenrages is the most common toxic to the liver, viruses like hepatitis b or c too. Dont come to my mind now but not many associations with colon disorders. Obviously cancer in the colon may metastasize(move) to the liver.

In brief: Liver toxic
Most medications ( eg.
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Pathology
In brief: Subtle
If someone tells you that you need your colon "cleansed" to make your liver function better, put your hand over your wallet.
Alcoholic hepatitis, sclerosing cholangitis, and primary biliary cirrhosis are all relatively-uncommon illnesses that involve the bowel-liver interface.

In brief: Subtle
Dr. Andrea Brand