What is most toxic for liver?Can a problem with large itestine cause liver problems too?

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Liver toxic

Most medications ( eg.
Tylenol, (acetaminophen) cholesterol pills) are metabolized by the liver and most toxic ingested material too. Alcoholic bevenrages is the most common toxic to the liver, viruses like hepatitis b or c too. Dont come to my mind now but not many associations with colon disorders. Obviously cancer in the colon may metastasize(move) to the liver.

In brief: Liver toxic

Most medications ( eg.
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Pathology

In brief: Subtle

If someone tells you that you need your colon "cleansed" to make your liver function better, put your hand over your wallet.
Alcoholic hepatitis, sclerosing cholangitis, and primary biliary cirrhosis are all relatively-uncommon illnesses that involve the bowel-liver interface.

In brief: Subtle