My bloodwork on a day 3 drawl showed I have 16.5 on my chlomid challenge test. What does that mean for me and my dreams of becoming a mom?

Dr. Mark Perloe
Fertility Medicine

In brief: FSH & Fertility

Fertility depends on egg quality and whether our not we can get more eggs.
High FSH suggests you may have a problem generating a lot of eggs. Your age predicts egg quality. So many younger women do well despite elevated fsh. For older women with high FSH IUI might work quite well. But ivf might be a problem. If you need ivf egg donation might be necessary.

In brief: FSH & Fertility

Dr. Mark Perloe
Dr. Mark Perloe
Dr. Kevin Daus
Great Answer Mark!
Dr. Ruth Crystal

In brief: Depends normal range

You would need to know if 16.
5 is in the normal range for that laboratory. Some labs use 14 as the upper cut off and some use 20 as the cut off for normally functioning ovaries. In general, the higher the cycle day 3 FSH level, the lower the fertility. You need to ask your doctor/nurse what the normal range is for that laboratory to know if you can get pregnant.

In brief: Depends normal range

You would need to know if 16.
Dr. Ruth Crystal
Dr. Ruth Crystal
Dr. Adam Levy