I have chronic pain syndrome and on the medication suboxone.They refuse to give me sleeping medication. I have tried everything! &cant sleep.Now what?

Dr. Thomas Karelis
In brief: Anxiety/ depression?
Often people with chronic pain have issues with anxiety and/or depression due to their health status.
They report waking up in the night and not being able to go back to sleep. They also report that their mind is working overtime at night thinking about stuff they have no control over at the time. If this is the case, you may try a medication like zoloft (sertraline) and you may find you are sleeping better.

In brief: Anxiety/ depression?
Dr. Thomas Karelis
Dr. Thomas Karelis
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management
In brief: Why suboxone?
As dr. Marx asked why are you on suboxone? This medication is at best an ok analgesic.
If there are reasons why you can not take "traditional" opioids then the addition of adjuvant medication like Lyrica (pregabalin) or Cymbalta may help. If you are not already under the care of a pain management specialist i suggest you see one.

In brief: Why suboxone?
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. James Marx
Pain Management
In brief: Take Earlier
Some patients find Suboxone energizing.
Try taking earlier in the day and refrain from taking in the late afternoon or evening.I am curious why you are on suboxne for your chronic pain syndrome. Have other meds like snri's such as cymbalta, nortryptyline, lyrica, (pregabalin) Neurontin as well as other opioids been tried yet? Patients with addictions can be managed on opioids safely with very close monitoring.

In brief: Take Earlier
Some patients find Suboxone energizing.
Dr. James Marx
Dr. James Marx