Before my period my appetite increases and I feel really bloated and obese I notice I gain 5pounds is this normal?

Marianne DiNapoli

Changes in appetite/weight and gastrointestinal symptoms are common symptoms of premenstrual syndrome (pms).
Stock your cupboards with tasty but nutritious snacks like fruits and veggies to help avoid these symptoms before your period. Increase physical exercise. Avoid excess salt. If this is getting worse, you may also be having female hormonal imbalance; see your doctor for a check up.

Marianne DiNapoli
Marianne DiNapoli
Answer assisted by Marianne Di Napoli, Medical Student
Dr. CESAR HOLGADO

In brief: Weight gain

What you are experiencing is usually the effect of a hormone called progesterone.
It causes you to retain water, get mood changes, skin eruptions and increased appetite. A lot of women experience this symptoms.

In brief: Weight gain

Dr. CESAR HOLGADO
Dr. CESAR HOLGADO
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham