I am trying to gain weight and my major source of protein is milk. Should I continue drinking a lot of milk even though I am trying to treat my acne?

Dr. Soroosh Armandi
Anti-Aging Medicine
In brief: Milk can be allergan
Dairy products can be an allergan quite commonly in many patients! if youre trying to do the gallon a day of milk diet, then i advise against it! for two reasons: no nutrient should be obtained from only one source, which also limits you from obtaining all essential aminos! secondly, milk can be a common allergan.
Make sure youre not allergic to it before consuming large volumes of milk.

In brief: Milk can be allergan
Dr. Soroosh Armandi
Dr. Soroosh Armandi
2 comments
Dr. Soroosh Armandi
I don't understand. Are you on a liquid diet?
Dr. Soroosh Armandi
Ok, so you're vegetarian. Try egg whites, soy (moderation), beans, hemp protein is wonderful. It's the only food source we know that contains all the amino acids our body needs.
Dr. Seema Patel
Holistic Medicine
In brief: Gaining weight
Other ways to get protein that are not from lean meats and seafood are plant based proteins such as avocados, nuts, tofu/tempeh, lentils, beans.
There are also protein powders that are plants based such as chia powder and pea powder that are excellent ways to help get protein and develop muscle tone.

In brief: Gaining weight
Dr. Seema Patel
Dr. Seema Patel
Dr. Marsha Davis