How can I balance my hormones? Post hysterectomy..

Dr. Timothy Gorski

In brief: Steady as she goes!

One nice thing about hormonal replacement is that you can get on estrogen (no need for a progestin when you've had a hysterectomy) and basically be in the same hormonal status on a continuous basis without the fluctuations that accompanied ovarian function earlier in life.
Talk to your doctor about different preparations and ways of taking estrogen. It's not a balancing act anymore!

In brief: Steady as she goes!

Dr. Timothy Gorski
Dr. Timothy Gorski
Dr. Kenneth Cheng

In brief: See your doctor

Balancing your hormones first requires knowledge of where your hormone levels are currently.
Best to see your gynecologist or endocrinologist as a first step.

In brief: See your doctor

Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Jane Van Dis