What could swelling in my neck and pain in my upper sholder area mean?

Dr. Joseph Capista
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Get it checked

It may just be a sore muscle but it can also be a problem in a gland.
It is always better to get things like this examined by your medical doctor oy your dentist.

In brief: Get it checked

Dr. Joseph Capista
Dr. Joseph Capista
Dr. Scott m Smith
Shoulder bursitis or neck arthritis. Rest, anti-inflammatory, gentle exercises are used initially to treat. Xray and exam would shed light.
Dr. Michio Abe

In brief: Many possibilities

Swelling in the neck with shoulder pain can be due to many different things depending on your history, including history of trauma, medical problems and medications.
It would be virtually impossible to evaluate you based on your description of it only. It would require a thorough history and exam possibly with appropriate tests. Please see a doctor.

In brief: Many possibilities

Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Marsha Davis