My bell's palsy reoccured but only for half an hour where one side of my lower lip was twitched. Is there something else to be worried about?

Dr. Gamal Boutros
Neurology

In brief: Facial dyskinesia

When the wires of the facial nerve attacked in bell's palsy try to heel--sometimes there is cross talk, which could lead to facial twitches--at times there is some unpleasent surprises --like teary eyes when you eat, crocodile tears due to this cross talk--- be warned that bell 's plasy is just facial nerve injury and if you have recurrent facial symptoms, it could be something else.

In brief: Facial dyskinesia

Dr. Gamal Boutros
Dr. Gamal Boutros
Dr. John Hoffmann
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: May not be Bell's

Bell's palsy refers to facial weakness or paralysis of the facial muscles.
Twitching of the muscles may not be bell's although that can occur while someone is recovering from bell's. It is common for facial muscles to twitch intermittently.

In brief: May not be Bell's

Dr. John Hoffmann
Dr. John Hoffmann