Hello, is there any long term complication for lumbar (l5 s1) discectomy and laminectomy for prolapsed intervertebral disc. Thank you?

Pain, instability. Discectomies work well in immediate pain control, but after some time (5-10 years) they may lead to instability and need for segmental fusion.
Second surgery. It is always possible to need an additional diskectomy if the disk re-herniated. It is also possible that you may require a fusion in the future is that segment becomes unstable. Don't think of your diskectomy as a cure. Remember that unhealthy disks herniate- healthy ones don't unless there's an injury. Diskectomy is very effective and I hope yours lasts a long time.
Assuming the surgery. Went well with no complications and your predominant complaint was more leg pain than back pain, the rate of any long term issues is a 1-2% risk of symptomatic scar tissue, a 5% risk of a recurrent disc herniation and a 10% risk of back pain. This is assuming you are a non smoker a smoking has a negative impact on outcome as does obesity.