Can I drink alcohol with doxycycline?

Not recommended. While risks of adverse outcome associated with drinking alcohol while taking Doxycycline are less than some other antibiotics, it is still not recommended. Studies show that drinking alcohol can increase the metabolism and clearance of doxycycline, making it less effective at fighting infections. Also for people with liver disease, the combination of alcohol and Doxycycline is contraindicated.
Alcohol and doxyclin. We measure the lengh of time for 1/2 of the drug to leave the body as half life. If you interfere with this time, medication become inefective. The half-life of Doxycycline but not that of tetracycline was significantly shorter in alcoholics in some patients the serum concentration of Doxycycline decreased below the generally accepted minimum therapeutic concentration was shown by neuvonen (1976).