I have a constant pain on the right side of my abdomen and goes up to lower ribs. I went to the ER and x rays found nothing. What can I do?

In brief: Upper abdominal pain
Pain on the right side of abdomen , have to check gallbladder abnormalities , including stone, bad function, if the pain going to the back and shoulder is very important for better diagnosis.
Those pain also, check laboratory test, liver function, ducts, , sonogram , ct scan..Tell your dr. About pain after eating, .X/r do not show liver and gallbladder function, or some kind of stone, like protein.

In brief: Upper abdominal pain
Dr. Lourdes Margarita Landron-Garcia
Dr. Lourdes Margarita Landron-Garcia
Dr. Frederick Shieh
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
In brief: More tests
You probably need more tests to figure it out.
An er will not do comprehensive testing for you. See a regular md. You may need a ct scan.

In brief: More tests
Dr. Frederick Shieh
Dr. Frederick Shieh
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine