I have mild acne and everytime I do high intensity workouts there is a rush of itchiness all over my body but more in my face and neck. Why is that?

Pathology

In brief: Heat effect

Acne and body itch are probably unrelated.
Vigorous exercise raises core body temperature with dilatation of the skin blood vessels that can cause itching in some people. Try exercising in a cool environment.

In brief: Heat effect

In brief: Histamine

Most likely the increase release of histamine with exercise.
To combat this avoid working out in dry or humid weather, hydrate, eat well, etc. You may consider an otc antihistamine or topical anti-itch cream if you just can't bear to not workout.

In brief: Histamine

Dr. Shontae Buffington
Dr. Shontae Buffington
Dr. Marsha Davis