What age should I take my daughter to the dentist? She 9months now and has four teeth.

Mike Moore
In brief: Between 1-3 years
Go whenever you can find a pediatric or family dentist who will see her at her age.
Do watch and clean those teeth gently. Make sure she doesn't sleep with a bottle. The pediatrician can sometimes paint teeth with Fluoride to protect them if you can't get a dentist to see her. Vitamin + Fluoride drops can be used if needed. Even though she'll lose the baby teeth, they're still important for now!

In brief: Between 1-3 years
Mike Moore
Mike Moore
Answer assisted by Mike Moore, Medical Student
Dr. Kristi Kohl
In brief: As soon as you can.
I believe that parents should take their children to the dentist before 2 years old for maintenance exams.
This allows you and your child to develop good habits for your teeth hygiene. It also allows your child to see the dentist's office as a friendly place instead of coming the first time when their teeth hurt and scary, painful instruments are being used on them.

In brief: As soon as you can.
Dr. Kristi Kohl
Dr. Kristi Kohl
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics
In brief: Now
See a pediatric dental specialist for the same reasons you see a pediatrician.
Any dentist can tell you horror stories of parents who waited. See dentist before there are any problems for exam, cleaning instructions, tooth and jaw development assessment. Diet suggestions, Fluoride management, and so much more. Remember the permanent teeth started to develop before your baby was born. Go now.

In brief: Now
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Jonathan Engel
Dentistry
In brief: Now
Pedodonitsts say as early as 6 months old.

In brief: Now
Dr. Jonathan Engel
Dr. Jonathan Engel
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham