How dangerous is a pituitary tumor?

It can be dangerous! If you have a pituitary tumor you need to make sure you follow up with your physician as directed. Unmonitored and untreated, it can cause a lot of problems.
It depends. Many pituitary tumors stay stable and do not cause problems. However, pituitary tumors are located in a small area which does many things for the body. Therefore, they should be followed carefully with periodic labs and mris. More aggressive tumors should have neurosurgical consultation.
Could be. There are many different types of pituitary tumor. Most are benign. However, by their size or location or type of tumor they may still be dangerous. Most are not dangerous and can be treated by pills, radiation therapy or surgery. Some pituitary tumors may never grow or create a problem.