Ultrasound shows artherosclerotic changes in the aorta! Chest xray showed calcification of the aortic arch?

Cholesterol. You have atherosclrosis. Just focus on the risk reduction. Cholesterol and BP control. If you have diabetes make sure it is under control. Do not smoke.
These are the same. Calcification is how atherosclerotic changes seen on us appear on chest xray. They are common but do suggest that there may be atheroclerosis elsewhere (like in the arteries to the heart or brain) that would put a patient at risk for heart attack or stroke.
Atherosclerosis. Atherosclerosis can consist of soft or hard (calcified) plaque. Ultrasound can detect both. Once it is calcified, it can sometimes be seen on xray as the calcium is dense (like bone).