This is my first pregnancy, how can I make sure my food allergy doesn't cause malnutrition for my baby?

Dr. Amy Herold

In brief: Healthy variety

Babies are great at stealing the nutrients they need from you while you are pregnant.
It is extremely difficult to cause malnutrition in the baby based on mom's diet. Food allergies are unlikely to cause problems, just make sure you are getting a good variety of proteins, whole grains, veggies and fruits from the foods you can eat.

In brief: Healthy variety

Dr. Amy Herold
Dr. Amy Herold
Dr. PREM Menon
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: SUBSTITUTE FOOD

If you are allergic to any food, sustitute with another non allergic food to avoid malnutrition.

In brief: SUBSTITUTE FOOD

Dr. PREM Menon
Dr. PREM Menon
Dr. Shontae Buffington