What medication can I take safely whilst going through the perimenapause to control my bleeding and if I have high blood pressure ?

Dr. Suzanne Fiala

In brief: Clarify?

Are you bleeding heavily and want to treat that? If this is your question, a Mirena (levonorgestrel) iud would be a good solution.
It thins out the uterine lining so one has very light, or no, periods. Also it does not contain estrogen, and does not affect your blood pressure. Another solution for heavy bleeding is an "endometrial ablation". Talk with your doc to discuss these and other options.

In brief: Clarify?

Dr. Jane Van Dis