Will my yeast infections cause complications during labor?

Dr. Antoanella Calame
Dermatology

In brief: Would get rid of it

I recommend getting rid of the yeast infection before.
Generally, vaginal infections don't cause serious complications.In pregnant women, however, both bacterial vaginosis and trichomoniasis have been associated with premature deliveries and low birth weight babies. Women with trichomoniasis or bacterial vaginosis are also at a greater risk of acquiring HIV and other sexually transmitted infections.

In brief: Would get rid of it

Dr. Antoanella Calame
Dr. Antoanella Calame
Dr. Padmavati Garvey

In brief: No

Yeast are a normal part of the vagina.
The hormone changes of pregnancy commonly cause yeast infections. They can be treated if you are experiencing symptoms but are not harmful to the pregnancy.

In brief: No

Yeast are a normal part of the vagina.
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Adam Levy