Fertility specialists, how likely is a 1 cent polyp in uterus to cause 1. Infertility 2. Miscarriage. Please take size of p into consideration w answe?

Dr. Martin Fielder
In brief: Low prob/easy fix
Not a great probability to cause infertility or miscarriage, but it's an easy fix and will improve your percentages.
Often it can be fixed with and office or brief outpatient procedure to remove the polyp.

In brief: Low prob/easy fix
Dr. Martin Fielder
Dr. Martin Fielder
Dr. Jeff Livingston
I agree. This is a simple procedure to remove it.
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Polyps Infertility
Polyps are fairly common (about 10% of my infertility pts).
We usually remove them because there is evidence that they cause infertility and they are easy to remove. The research links them to infertility and poss miscarriage but does not prove it. Thus controversy. Most fertility specialists i know would remove them before treatment. I hope this helps.

In brief: Polyps Infertility
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Christopher Powers
In brief: Very unlikely
Possible, but not likely.
A polyp is essentially a soft skin tag ( unlike a fibroid) and may cause some irregular bleeding on occasion but is unlikely to prevent implantation/ cause miscarriage unless the embryo attempts to implant directly over it, again highly unlikely.

In brief: Very unlikely
Possible, but not likely.
Dr. Christopher Powers
Dr. Christopher Powers
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham