Can my yeast infections harm my fetus?

Dr. Stephen Scarantino

In brief: No

Yeast infections are very common during pregnancy and there is no evidence that shows having a yeast infection during pregnancy will harm a fetus.
However, recent research is looking into the possibity of yeast infections being associated with preterm birth. This possible association should be discussed with your obstetrician.

In brief: No

Dr. Stephen Scarantino
Dr. Stephen Scarantino
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Unlikely

We tend to be carriers of certain organisms on our skin and since this tends to be a topical infection that causes you issues, it is highly unlikely to be a problem since it is not a systemic infection.
Ask your OB if they feel treatment at delivery is warranted.

In brief: Unlikely

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham