In my region, pollen levels are the highest in the last 50 years. I have a sore throat, running nose and am very tired, no fever. Allergy or cold?

Dr. Brant Ward
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Probably cold

Allergies can sometimes cause mild irritation of the throat, but it shouldn't be downright painful.
They are also usually accompanied by sneezing and itching of the eyes and nose. With sore throat and fatigue, i would suspect a cold, which may not present with fever. Get plenty of sleep, drink plenty of fluids. See your doctor if you have any questions or if your don't feel better in a few days.

In brief: Probably cold

Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine