If sciatica pain was caused by free fluid from ovarian cyst, should surgery have relieved pain immediately? Or might it take a few days to resolve?

Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management

In brief: Hmm...

Well sciatica generally is not caused by anything in the abdomen, so highly unlikely the fluid from ovarian cyst caused your sciatica.
I would have your doctor get an MRI of your spine if your sciatica doesn't resolve in a week or two as the most likely culprit will be a herniated disc.

In brief: Hmm...

Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Sivakumar Jaikumar
Neurosurgery

In brief: Interesting

Depends on how large the cyst was and for how long it was compressing the nerve.
Usually, ovarian cysts do not compress the sciatic nerve/femoral/ or cuteaneous nerves. If the nerve pain was compressive should be alleviated in 1-6 months.

In brief: Interesting

Dr. Sivakumar Jaikumar
Dr. Sivakumar Jaikumar
Dr. Jane Van Dis