I want to lose weight but am afraid to exercise. I fear a I am going to vomit, faint or cause myself a heart attack? Any recommendations?

Dr. Eric Chang
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Go see your doctor
You may be right to be afraid to start a rigorous exercise program.
See you doctor and discuss your fears. Tests can be done to check all systems and hopefully give you an all clear!

In brief: Go see your doctor
Dr. Eric Chang
Dr. Eric Chang
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics
In brief: Daily walking
Start very slow. You may walk(or exercise in a pool).
You don't need to run or carry weights. If you jointed a gym, ask or advice to the trainers they have (especify you are just beginning to exercise).Go slow. Short distances for short periods but try to have a routine 4-5 times a week half hour to 45 minutes. Diet is important too.

In brief: Daily walking
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez