What's a efficient way to deal with jealousy in a relationship? I know i've been having self-esteem issues, too. Thanks.

Dr. K. Olson
In brief: Insecurity
You may be speaking to the central issue.
When we feel poorly about ourselves we tend to be more anxious and rejection sensitive. If there are real or objective signs that warrant concern, simply inquire in a clear, direct way about your observations. Gottman's books are exceptional at skills that make a relationship work. If self-esteem has been chronically low, evaluation for depression, etc.

In brief: Insecurity
Dr. K. Olson
Dr. K. Olson
Dr. Danny Proffitt
In brief: Humility/Openness
Be open with discussions, humble in admitting one's on shortcommings, take away threats and subdue fears.
I would suggest a counsellor to mediate and to give insight to the both of you. Lay out each of your own values and wants and desires and display the trust in each other that each expects. Unreasonable expectations are hard to overcome but with the right attitude & counselling it can b done.

In brief: Humility/Openness
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Low Self Esteem
Jealousy as you probably know is based in insecurity and on the negative way you talk to yourself which also lowers self esteem.
Try reading my book, "changing your inner voice" featured on the soundmindz.Org website for many examples of how psychotherapy can boost self esteem and limit negativity and insecurity. Best.

In brief: Low Self Esteem
Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Dr. Vicken Poochikian