I have mucus in throat. Worse when I drink beer and or smoke. Much better when I quit smoking, but still there. What do you think?

Dr. Gregg Albers
Addiction Medicine
In brief: Mucous and smoking
Cigarette smoke is an irritant to the mucous membranes, and the body tried to protect itself by producing more mucous.
Listen to your body, quit smoking, and get help if you can't.

In brief: Mucous and smoking
Dr. Gregg Albers
Dr. Gregg Albers
Dr. Anna Meyer
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery - Pediatric
In brief: Acid reflux
Most people think of reflux being heartburn, but if the acid comes up even higher, especially when you sleep, it can cause extra mucus, throat-clearing, hoarseness, and a sour taste in your throat.
Smoking, alcohol, acidic foods, peppermint, chocolate, caffeine, carbonated drinks, tomatoes can all make reflux worse. Also lying down after eating can make it worse.

In brief: Acid reflux
Dr. Anna Meyer
Dr. Anna Meyer
Dr. Luis Villaplana
In brief: ?
You fix it yourself! quit smoking and cut down on the booze! aren't you glad you didn't have to pay for my advice? That would've been the easiest 45 bucks ever! stay healthy.

In brief: ?
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Steven Seres