I work out 2 to 3 day a week. I still hurt .  why is that?

Dr. Jason Torrente
In brief: Depends
There may be multiple factors involved.
Do you warmup/cooldown and stretch pre and post workout? Are you hydrating enough and eating properly? Are you using proper techniques if you are doing weight training? Do you have an undiagnosed medical condition? If you are working out right and eating right, you should see your primary care physician to do a work up for your fatigue.

In brief: Depends
There may be multiple factors involved.
Dr. Jason Torrente
Dr. Jason Torrente
Dr. John Goldman
exercise helps conditioning and improves muscle tone. does the exercise make the pain worse? In some people it can. In other settings exercise improves the pain. Is there swelling? Is the pain joint, muscle, tendons, etc Clarification of this issue can point the way.
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine