How often should I exercise to maintain good health for me and the baby?

Dr. Amy Herold

In brief: Daily

For optimal cardiovascular health and to decrease the risk of gestational diabetes and high blood pressure, you should get some form of exercise every day.
This can be as simple as walking after meals. Try to find activities you enjoy or walk with a friend to help you stick to it.

In brief: Daily

Dr. Amy Herold
Dr. Amy Herold
Dr. Sandra Pinkham
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Often

Exercise improves circulation which nourishes you and your baby.
Try to eat 6 equal healthy meals a day, breathe and relax for 3 minutes and then do light and fun exercises for 10-15 minutes. You can do more if you have time and interest. Avoid stressful exercise that brings up your body temperature, makes you sweat, or causes fatigue.

In brief: Often

Dr. Sandra Pinkham
Dr. Sandra Pinkham
Dr. Cindy Juster