Doc my son is 6 yrs old from the last 7 days he is not eationv well , we are forcing him to eat .What can we do so thst he can start eating well.Help?

Dr. Neeta Jain
In brief: Is he sick?
Sometimes children go through phases where they do not eat well/ become picky eaters.
If he is recuperating from any illness/ starting to fall sick chances of him not eating well are more. If he is well- relax and do not push him, his appetite will pick up, if he is falling sick, talk to his doc.

In brief: Is he sick?
Dr. Neeta Jain
Dr. Neeta Jain
Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine
In brief: Try relaxing for now
I can't know why your son isn't eating well, but sometimes when someone has an infection, appetite lessens as the body realizes it can recover better with eating less.
He might also be having digestive problems aggravated by eating. If his weight is normal it will not be harmful to eat less for awhile. It is more important to make sure he is well hydrated (lots of fluids). See my comments for more:.

In brief: Try relaxing for now
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
Also, try to make sure that what he does eat is nutritious. More than likely within a few days his appetite will return, but if it does not then please have him checked by a doctor to see if there are digestive issues or an infection that requires treatment. Forcing him to eat creates stress for you and him and is probably not really necessary at this time.
Dr. Cindy Juster