Cleanup after bm is very hard. Stool is brown, soft and formed. However always seems to be a lot to wipe and is mostly gathered at top of crack.Ideas?

Dr. Herbert Hoover
General Practice

In brief: Probably need fiber

If your stool looks normal in color and consistency, you probably just need more fiber in your diet along with lots of water. I recommend something like metamucil or it's equivalent on a daily basis.

In brief: Probably need fiber

Dr. Herbert Hoover
Dr. Herbert Hoover
Dr. William Harris

In brief: Seems strange...

I would expect that with a formed stool, cleanup would be quick.
Normally, constipation or diarrhea presents more trouble. Perhaps this is a matter of obesity or incomplete evacuation of your bowels with residual stool present. If you have been in a hurry, how about you take another minute or so to make sure there is no stool left in the anal canal when you think you're finished?

In brief: Seems strange...

Dr. William Harris
Dr. William Harris
Dr. Adam Smith