Is there a way to tell when I am ovulating?

Dr. Philip Chenette
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Cervical changes

The easiest signs of ovulation to detect are: 1) day of the cycle (11-14 days prior to the menstrual flow) if cycles are regular 2) ovulation prediction kit positive after a negative kit 3) clear egg white cervical mucous 4) ovarian pain around ovulation (mittelschmerz).

In brief: Cervical changes

Dr. Philip Chenette
Dr. Philip Chenette
Dr. Amy Herold

You can keep track of basal body temperature, some women have a drop of half a degree at ovulation.
It's not a great method, but it's cheap. You can also use an ovulation predictor kit. I don't usually recommend brand name products, but in this case, clear blue easy is reliable and easy to interpret. It measures hormone surges, when you get a smiley face you typically ovulate 24-36 hours later.

Dr. Amy Herold
Dr. Amy Herold