Polycystic kidney disease and kidney stones, are they related?

Kidney stones. No but they can occur together. Cysts in the kidneys are not necessarily polycystic kidneys which is an inherited familiar disease.
Pkd and stones. YES ! Kidney stone formation is about four times more common in the polycystic kidney patient that in the general population. Be sure to have 24 hour urine measurements of citrate, calcium, uric acid, oxalate, sodium, and phosphate. Often there is citrate deficiency in PKD setting. This can be fixed. Also, drink 4 liters of fluid per day, every day and make sure at least one liter is lemonade.
Yes. 30% of adpckd patients have stones, compared to about 10% of the normal population.