How long do I have to be before I can hear my babys heart beat?

Dr. CESAR HOLGADO

In brief: Fetal heart

It all depends on the instrument that you are using.
A good transvaginal ultrasound will pick it up early in the first trimester. If the machine is capable of audio translation, you can hear it and document it at the same time.

In brief: Fetal heart

Dr. CESAR HOLGADO
Dr. CESAR HOLGADO
Marianne DiNapoli

In brief: Around 10 weeks

Around 10 weeks gestation, the fetus' heart is big enough to be able to hear it using a doppler ultrasound.

In brief: Around 10 weeks

Marianne DiNapoli
Marianne DiNapoli
Answer assisted by Marianne Di Napoli, Medical Student
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham

In brief: Sono 6 weeks

Most current transvaginal ultrasound machines can detect a fetal heart beat at 6 weeks.
While most portable dopplers will be able to pick up the fetal heartbeat at about nine to ten weeks. However for some patients, it can twelve weeks or later before the fetal heartbeat can be detected reliably. With a stethoscope, the fetal heartbeat may not be heard until after 18 weeks gestation.

In brief: Sono 6 weeks

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham