W/ bone dysplasia(scoliosis, lordosis, hip).Had correctional surgeries in the 80's.3m spine support and custom insole can help w/ joint and back pain?

Dr. Ki-Hon Lin
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Possibly

In my opinion, treatments such as a spine support and custom insole fall into the category of "won't hurt to try.
" there is no way to predict which patients such treatments will help. I would certainly also recommend active treatments including regular activity and exercises as well as range of motion and strengthening.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Ki-Hon Lin
Dr. Ki-Hon Lin
Dr. Gerald Mandell
Nuclear Medicine

In brief: Changes with age

The childhood or adolescent problems with dysplasia of hip and curvature of spine may develop superimposed degenerative changes.
The treatment may require orthopedic evaluation and possibly reimaging to suggest the appropriate therapy. As you are suggesting there may be conservative answer. If surgery of spine was performed with metal rods sometimes pseudarthrosis or fracture of graft can occur.

In brief: Changes with age

Dr. Gerald Mandell
Dr. Gerald Mandell