I still don't feel any contractions 24 hours after my water broke, am I still not in labor?

In brief: It happends
Be aware, for every hour the waters have been open past 18, your baby has an increasing risk of acquiring germs that come in from the genitals & potentially produce blood poisoning & death.
If you are not in a hospital, go now & be assessed, you may have just wet your pants. If water your broke, baby needs to be delivered, the sooner the better. You can also become infected, septic & die. Go now!

In brief: It happends
Dr. Amy Herold
In brief: No
If contractions have not started 24 hours after your water has broken then labor has not likely started.
For women who are group b strep negative we usually start an induction after 12-24 hours after the water has broken if labor has not occurred. For women who are group b strep positive, we start antibiotics and induction shortly after the water has broken to reduce infection risk.

In brief: No
Dr. Amy Herold
Dr. Amy Herold
Dr. Shontae Buffington