My 6 month old baby fell asleep on his belly should I put him on his back or let him sleep that way?

Pathology
In brief: On the back
There is an association between sudden infant death and baby sleeping on the stomach.
There is greater risk of suffocation with the baby sleeping on the stomach. It is recommended to put baby on his/her back during sleep.

In brief: On the back
Dr. Helena Bentley
It is recommended that you put him to sleep on his back, but once he is able to roll over, he will sleep in a position that is comfortable to him. Start on his back.
In brief: Back to sleep
Always lay your baby to sleep on his back.
It is the best way to prevent sids.

In brief: Back to sleep
It is the best way to prevent sids.
Dr. Marina Armendariz
Dr. Marina Armendariz
In brief: Let him be
It is important for your own peace of mind, that you only put him down on his back, since that is something you can control.
By the age of six months, most risks of crib death is gone, and babies roll in their sleep.I don't wake and re-position them after they learn to roll, it is not practical and not supported by any data I have read.

In brief: Let him be
Dr. Jonathan Jassey