After playing basketball I just start getting knee pain or pain in thighs so why I would be getting this?

Not Sure. Additional information is needed. It could be an issue of stretching, warm up, out of shape, the way the knee cap moves on the knee, particular moves or plays, foot/ankle/hip problems, etc. If the pain continues, you should have it evaluated. If it is once or twice, treat it like any other acute sports injury.
How old are you... This could be different things depending on your age. Arthritis, plain old muscle soreness, or other knee injuries are possible. If it persists you should get evaluated by your doctor.