Are, butt implants are safe to get ? & is it safe to get them done in the city?

Dr. Eric Chang
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Not popular

Buttock implants frankly are not popular in the US.
It may be due to doctors and patients bad experiences, or due to social and cultural norms. Buttock implants can get infection, positioned wrongly, or can even come out at a higher rate than more traditional implants like breast implants. If you are considering this surgery, make sure the surgeon is a board certified plastic surgeon.

In brief: Not popular

Dr. Eric Chang
Dr. Eric Chang
Dr. Darryl Blinski
That touches just the surface of this issue.
Dr. Farhad Rafizadeh
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Relatively safe.

There are many concernes about but implants.
The area is not as clean as the breast area. It is an area you sit on. The only implants approved to be used in that area in the US is solid silicone rubber implants. For all these reason i prefer doing fat grafting in the buttocks area instead of implants. This gives a more natural buttocks augmentation and avoids the complications.

In brief: Relatively safe.

Dr. Farhad Rafizadeh
Dr. Farhad Rafizadeh
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Relatively safe

Buttock implants have a notoriously high complication rate of about 20-25% including infection, rupture, hematoma, displacement, and double bubble.
This can be avoided by using a highly experienced physician.

In brief: Relatively safe

Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Darryl Blinski
Glad another colleague believes as I do. Very risky operation. Great posting!
Dr. Darryl Blinski
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Butt implants

To fully understand why gluteal implants are not done in a higher frequency, you must comprehend that any operation that has a high infection/malposition/exposure of implant/healing time (3 weeks minimum).
Statically, these %'s cause us, boarded pss, not offering this operation. There are a few boarded pss who do the implants but very few.

In brief: Butt implants

Dr. Darryl Blinski
Dr. Darryl Blinski
Dr. Frederick Coville
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Not a fan

Although in the right hands and on the right patient, some plastic surgeons can get very nice results.
I have seen some results that are beautiful. In my hands, I have much greater success and my patients are very happy with fat transfer to buttocks, known as the brazilian butt lift. It has to be done by a very experienced plastic surgeon, as technique makes all the difference in the results.

In brief: Not a fan

Dr. Frederick Coville
Dr. Frederick Coville
Dr. Todd Sisto
Breast Surgery

In brief: Yes they can be

Placed safely but the patients compliance with instructions is all important to safety.
In the city? I don't understand that part of your wuestion.

In brief: Yes they can be

Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Andrea Brand