2 months baby strongly refuses to breastfeed, she only accepts when i pump. Its breaking my heart. Is it safe if i put honey on my nipples for her?

Dr. Johanna Fricke
Pediatrics - Developmental & Behavioral

In brief: No, ma'am

Honey increases risk of infant botulism.
It takes a stronger "pull" to nurse than to suck from a bottle. Call the nursery nurses at your delivery hospital for the names of lactation consultants who can help you. Put baby to breast when she's not starving. Relax in a rocker, use a boppie @ hold her " en face", looking at you with her cheek on your breast, while you talk & mimic her good & coos.

In brief: No, ma'am

Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Adam Levy