How come when blink I feel like something is under my eyelid and its scratching against it? It happens only when I take off my contacts.

Dr. Robert Chang
Ophthalmology

In brief: GPC

Might have giant papillary conjunctivitis due to contact lens or solution irritation, or allergies.
Should have it looked at.

In brief: GPC

Should have it looked at.
Dr. Robert Chang
Dr. Robert Chang
Dr. Moonyoung Chung
Ophthalmology

In brief: Scratching sensation

Contacts can have a drying effect on your eye.
It can also cause some mechanical irritation. You can improve your symptoms by moisturizing with artificial tears after you take your contacts out. If the irritation persists you may have a problem with your contact lens fit that needs to be addressed.

In brief: Scratching sensation

Dr. Moonyoung Chung
Dr. Moonyoung Chung
Dr. Scott Silodor
Ophthalmology

In brief: Contact is a bandaid

The foreign body sensation you feel is either the eyelid rubbing against a corneal irritation, or an object under the lid rubbing against the cornea when you blink.
Either way the contact lens acts as a barrier between the lid and cornea so you feel better. Unfortunately, you might have a corneal infection from the contact itself (bad). Remove asap and see an ophthalmologist immediately.

In brief: Contact is a bandaid

Dr. Scott Silodor
Dr. Scott Silodor