I have perioral dermatitis and I just moved and I have a doctors appointment in 2 weeks, what could I do in the meantime to help with the irritation?

Gentle skin care. In perioral dermatitis small red papules or pustules erupt around the mouth, sparing a narrow zone around the lips. The cause is often a disruption of the normal "skin barrier". Wash your face with gentle cleanser or water. Use a mild moisturizer (cetaphil). Topical steroids can worsen the condition. Don't exfoliate, avoid products that sting or burn. Your doctor may prescribe doxycycline.
Doxycycline. The hydrocortisone. Will have a slight effect temporarily but this usually requires treatment with topical metro cream and/ or low dose oral doxycycline. It will take about a month the redness to fade.
Dermatitis. Routine dermatitis typically responds to topical anti-inflammatories such as Hydrocortisone which is an available medication over the counter in a 1% ointment or cream.