My fiance had our baby about a year ago and she received epidural. Since then, every time it gets cold, shehas pain in spot she received it. Why does it happen?

Dr. Karen Sibert
Anesthesiology
In brief: Should get better!
Even a tiny "injury", such as a needle stick, is perceived by the body as a reason to mount a healing response, and this is accompanied by some minor inflammation.
Your fiancee may still be feeling a little of this process. Cold tends to aggravate many kinds of pain. When it happens, she should use heat, massage, and Ibuprofen or naproxen. Unless there is severe pain or weakness, don't worry!

In brief: Should get better!
Dr. Karen Sibert
Dr. Karen Sibert
In brief: MRI of spine
This is unfortunately unwanted side effect of epidural.
Have MRI of lumbar spine done to look for possible causes.

In brief: MRI of spine
Dr. Nalinaksha Joshi
Dr. Nalinaksha Joshi
Dr. David Edsall
Anesthesiology
In brief: Could be pushing
Did you push during labor? This could be a disc problem caused by pushing during during labor. Did they teach you to push with a straight back or did you curve your back during pushing.
Like lifting with a curved back. I can't agree with dr. Joshi that this is caused by epidural. Epi usually causes shooting pain not cold pain. Could be epi but very unusual I have never heard of this.

In brief: Could be pushing
Dr. David Edsall
Dr. David Edsall
Dr. Oswald Jules
Anesthesiology
In brief: Strange
Localized pain at the site of an epidural injection which is triggered by cold is an unusual symptom. I recommend following with a primary care physician and evaluation for other pathology( ?Arthritis}.

In brief: Strange
Dr. Oswald Jules
Dr. Oswald Jules
Dr. Vikram Patel