I am 30 with hypertension and anxiety and get tickling down my arms and across my chest at night what is wrong with me? I take htcz lisinopril Paxil (paroxetine)

Dr. Elizabeth Black
In brief: Concerning symptoms
These symptoms could be related to your hypertension and/or to your anxiety.
Regardless, you should be under the regular care of a qualified physician for all these conditions. If you haven't been evaluated recently, please make sure you are seen.

In brief: Concerning symptoms
Dr. Elizabeth Black
Dr. Elizabeth Black
Dr. Alan Ali
In brief: Tingling
Assuming your BP is controlled as well as your depression & anxiety, & also no arthritis in the neck is present, i would suggest talking to your psychiatrist about medication for anxiety & also adding magnesium.
As last resort, consult a neurologist.

In brief: Tingling
As last resort, consult a neurologist.
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Emily Lu
In brief: Talk to your psych
You may be experiencing a rare side effect of paroxetine - numbness or tingling in the limbs.
Anxiety also can lead to hyperventilation & numbness & tingling in lips, fingers and toes & extend centrally to arms, legs & trunk. Prolonged hyperventilation may worsen the symptoms leading to seizures. Talk to your doctor about adjusting Paxil or switching medication. Ask about anxiety as well.

In brief: Talk to your psych
Emily Lu
Emily Lu
Answer assisted by Emily Lu, Medical Student
Dr. Neil Liebowitz
In brief: Tickling or RLS
Paxil (paroxetine) and other ssri medications can indirectly reduce Dopamine levels which can result in restless legs syndrome (rls).
Rls can affect the whole body and is a creepy crawling sensation helped by Dopamine agonists like requip. Also, anyone on htcz should have regular potassium (k) levels checked.

In brief: Tickling or RLS
Dr. Neil Liebowitz
Dr. Neil Liebowitz
Dr. Marsha Davis