I've been having pain on my hand between thumb and index finger on the fatty part. I could feel the pain under my thumb inside my hand. Hurts to hold?

Dr. Elizabeth Black
In brief: Hand pain
Hands take a lot of abuse daily and there are several muscles and ligaments that traverse this area and are at risk for injury, strain and tendonitis.
The thumb has a particularly complex articulation (the way the joint and associated muscles assemble and function) and is a common site for problems. If painful, prolonged or debilitating, have it evaluated by your physician.

In brief: Hand pain
Dr. Elizabeth Black
Dr. Elizabeth Black
In brief: OA
I would suggest that depending your ocupation, if pain is elicit with grabbing such as stiffness one of the most common places of affection in osteoarthritis is the base of the thumb.
Pain and stiffness are some of the symptoms and a simple x rays of the hand can make the diagnosis.

In brief: OA
Dr. Hector Gerardo Amaya Chinchilla
Dr. Hector Gerardo Amaya Chinchilla
Dr. Michael Aron
Surgery - Hand Surgery
In brief: Could be many things
This could be the first sign of arthritis or could be an early trigger finger.

In brief: Could be many things
Dr. Michael Aron
Dr. Michael Aron
Dr. Tariq Niazi
At age 22 I would think it be more in line of a Trigger thumb, or a nerve lesion or tendonitis/strain----- depending on occupation &/or Hx of any injury to it. Get to an orthopod to get it evaluated.
Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care
In brief: Gall bladder issues
People who have gallbladder issues will have pain near thumb fatty pad - treat locally think globally.

In brief: Gall bladder issues
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Michael Raemisch
Surgery - Hand Surgery
In brief: Arthritis
Arthritis at the base of the thumb gives the pains you describe.
An x-ray can easily help identify it. A small thumb brace can be very helpful. Surgery is also an excellent fix if the case is bad.

In brief: Arthritis
Dr. Michael Raemisch
Dr. Michael Raemisch
Dr. Peter Kurzweil