I've been having pain on my hand between thumb and index finger on the fatty part. I could feel the pain under my thumb inside my hand. Hurts to hold?

Dr. Elizabeth Black

In brief: Hand pain

Hands take a lot of abuse daily and there are several muscles and ligaments that traverse this area and are at risk for injury, strain and tendonitis.
The thumb has a particularly complex articulation (the way the joint and associated muscles assemble and function) and is a common site for problems. If painful, prolonged or debilitating, have it evaluated by your physician.

In brief: Hand pain

Dr. Elizabeth Black
Dr. Elizabeth Black

In brief: OA

I would suggest that depending your ocupation, if pain is elicit with grabbing such as stiffness one of the most common places of affection in osteoarthritis is the base of the thumb.
Pain and stiffness are some of the symptoms and a simple x rays of the hand can make the diagnosis.

In brief: OA

Dr. Hector Gerardo Amaya Chinchilla
Dr. Hector Gerardo Amaya Chinchilla
Dr. Michael Aron
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Could be many things

This could be the first sign of arthritis or could be an early trigger finger.

In brief: Could be many things

Dr. Michael Aron
Dr. Michael Aron
Dr. Tariq Niazi
At age 22 I would think it be more in line of a Trigger thumb, or a nerve lesion or tendonitis/strain----- depending on occupation &/or Hx of any injury to it. Get to an orthopod to get it evaluated.
Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care

In brief: Gall bladder issues

People who have gallbladder issues will have pain near thumb fatty pad - treat locally think globally.

In brief: Gall bladder issues

Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Michael Raemisch
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Arthritis

Arthritis at the base of the thumb gives the pains you describe.
An x-ray can easily help identify it. A small thumb brace can be very helpful. Surgery is also an excellent fix if the case is bad.

In brief: Arthritis

Dr. Michael Raemisch
Dr. Michael Raemisch
Dr. Marsha Davis