How do you know if your bi polar? What are spme noticable signs of this?

Dr. Eric Anderson

In brief: Bipolar symptoms

To be bipolar one must have manias, as in type 1, or hypomania(s) and depression(s), as in type 2.
Mania can present as excessive energy, a decreased need for sleep, elevated, grandiose, or extremely irritable mood, flights of ideas, rapid and pressured speech, extreme distractibility, and increased goal-directed behavior. These symptoms are persistent, pervasive, and impairing, and not...

In brief: Bipolar symptoms

Dr. Eric Anderson
Dr. Eric Anderson
Dr. Eric Anderson
...not explained by life events, drugs, or medical conditions. The best way to assess for bipolar, if you suspect you have it, is to see your doctor and be frank about your symptoms.
Dr. Leonard Lado

In brief: Bipolar

Bipolar is a tricky disease since in the manic phase people can be productive and see these symptoms as normal.
However the clues of problem include the use of drugs and alcohol, make impulsive decision, have speeding tickets, can experience road rage, can work often late into the night, will be involved in various relationships and will deny any symptom. Only in a crisis people notice.

In brief: Bipolar

Dr. Leonard Lado
Dr. Leonard Lado
Dr. Neil Liebowitz

In brief: Bipolar disorder

There are many worthy books on bipolar disorder the problem is most people think they have to have mania to be bipolar. Most of the people i've treated only have cycles of depression or irritability as their "high" I have written several chapters on why i think our diagnoses don't always capture what is wrong.
My book, psychiatry in techno colors is available on amazon.Com.

In brief: Bipolar disorder

Dr. Neil Liebowitz
Dr. Neil Liebowitz
Dr. Eric Weisman