What signs should I look for if I think my 6 year old might have adhd? My 8 year old is on medicine for it and my 6 year old has some similarities too.

In brief: See the doctor
If you are suspecting adhd 0r seeing behavior problems i suggest seeing the doctor.

In brief: See the doctor
Dr. Prakash Bhoopalam
Dr. Prakash Bhoopalam
4 comments
Dr. Gregory Mosolf
Agreed. His school teacher can fill out a form for you to give to your doctor http://www.brightfutures.org/mentalhealth/pdf/professionals/bridges/adhd.pdf Teachers usually are very good at identifying ADHD. Intuniv is a new medication which helps with anger as well as ADHD
Dr. Gregory Mosolf
oops. here is the link again:http://tinyurl.com/mhnds the form is called a Vanderbilt form.
In brief: ADHD evaluation
Speak to your childs pediatrician.
Your child's doctor will ask several questions and also likely send you home with a questionaire such as the conners or vanderbilt, the doctor may ask you to have the teacher answer questions also. Your child is 6, sometimes it also takes time to mature and become used to routine school work and at home it helps if you have a routine.

In brief: ADHD evaluation
Speak to your childs pediatrician.
Dr. Marina Armendariz
Dr. Marina Armendariz
Dr. Marsha Davis
In brief: Get an evaluation
I would take him to your pediatrician, explain your problems with his attention and behavior and get a full evaluation for adhd.

In brief: Get an evaluation
Dr. Marsha Davis
Dr. Marsha Davis
Dr. David Liu
another possibility is to have your child evaluated by your local school. depending on the jurisdiction, many schools are legally obligated to evaluate children for conditions which may affect learning, such as add/adhd.
Dr. Andres R Villar
In brief: Have your child eval
Adhd is a complex disorder and requires a proper evaluation by .
There are simple checklists available through your pediatrician or online that could help you determine if your child's symptoms are similar to those of children with adhd.However they are not diagnostic.A proper evaluation is indicated as there are other conditions that could present alongside or with similar symptoms.

In brief: Have your child eval
Dr. Andres R Villar
Dr. Andres R Villar
Dr. David Liu
Internal Medicine & Pediatrics
In brief: Different settings
The most important thing for add or adhd is that the symptoms, inattention and/or hyperactivity, be present in school, home and possibly other places.
But there is testing available, so see your provider and request testing from your son's school.

In brief: Different settings
Dr. David Liu
Dr. David Liu
Dr. Eric Weisman