I threw up my dinner from the previous night this morning. I have since developed a slight fever currently at 99.9, at it's highest 101. What's up?

Dr. Philip Rosenblum

In brief: Maybe food poisoning

Although vomiting and fever can be caused by food poisoning, it is still possible that you have caught a viral illness.
On the other hand, if you begin to have sharp abdominal pain, if the vomiting continues and you become dehydrated, if you experience bloody diarrhea or high fever, see a doctor as these are all symptoms of a serious infection that should be evaluated and treated medically.

In brief: Maybe food poisoning

Dr. Philip Rosenblum
Dr. Philip Rosenblum
Mike Moore

In brief: I don't know, but...

With fever and vomiting.
..You should see a doctor...

In brief: I don't know, but...

With fever and vomiting.
..You should see a doctor...
Mike Moore
Mike Moore
Answer assisted by Mike Moore, Medical Student
Dr. Ankush Bansal

In brief: Food poisoning

You might have eaten something bad, or contaminated with an infection - usually unintentional.
Usually it resolves in a day but if your symptoms increase or worsen, see a doctor.

In brief: Food poisoning

Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Peter Kurzweil