Which is worse: obstructive sleep apnea or central sleep apnea?

In brief: Both

Both are serious conditions, manageable with treatment, and serious if neglected.
The severity varies in every particular case, the classification is not intended to determine which one is milder, they just have different ways to treat them. In general, treatment compliance is an important factor that affects treatment outcomes of both.

In brief: Both

Dr. Mark Collins
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: Sleep apnea

Central sleep apnea is worse and harder to treat.

In brief: Sleep apnea

Dr. Vikas Jain
Internal Medicine - Sleep Medicine

In brief: Opinion

I guess it depends on your opinion.
They both have consequences downstream if they remain untreated. If you are concerned you may have sleep apnea, I would recommend evaluation.

In brief: Opinion

I guess it depends on your opinion.
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Depends

Depends on the case.
Many believe central is worse because the treatment options are limited.

In brief: Depends

Depends on the case.