If I have been previously diagnosed with depression, should I be concerned about post partum depression?

Dr. Megan Bird
Women with depression before pregnancy are more likely to get postpartum depression, even if it has been years since depression.
It is a good idea to let your doctor know about your previous depression. You may also want to start working with a therapist now to help cope with all the changes during pregnancy and shortly afterwards.

Dr. Megan Bird
Dr. Megan Bird
Dr. William Holmes
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: There is Risk
There is evidence that women who have had past episodes of depression are at a higher risk of developing postpartum depression.
This does not mean that you are certain to have it, but it means you need to be aware of the possibility.

In brief: There is Risk
Dr. William Holmes
Dr. William Holmes